January 03, 2014
New Year - Creamy Millet & Banana Porridge
When 2013 came to a close, I felt so grateful for all that I was able to live this year and the amazing people that I have in my life. I also felt really grateful for having carried on writing this blog, reminding me that I am so lucky to be able to eat whatever food I like on a daily basis.
Every day, I am learning about foods and their health benefits, and it is incredibly exciting to know that there’s always something new to try or to learn about. Eating seasonal and healthy whole foods is really what my food philosophy is about, and although I am neither a chef nor a health expert, I thrive at sharing on this blog my discoveries and experiments.
The New Year has now come and I am looking forwards, feeling positive and excited about what lays ahead. I like the idea of starting the year like you want it to continue and this kind of breakfast is perfect if you’re trying to build new healthy habits.
Wishing you a magical New Year
With love and gratitude x
Creamy Millet & Banana Porridge – serves 2
• 100g millet flakes
• 2tbsp goji berries
• 2 bananas, one mashed and one sliced
• Almond milk
• 2tsp bee pollen
1. Place the millet in a small saucepan with 1tbsp goji berries and the mashed banana. Cover with almond milk. Heat gently until the mixture starts bubbling. Stir constantly until the liquid has evaporated and the porridge is creamy. Take off the heat.
2. Serve into bowls and top up with the sliced bananas, the rest of the goji berries and the bee pollen.
Porridge Crémeux au Millet et à la Banane – pour 2 personnes
• 100g de flocons de millet
• 2cs de baies de goji
• 2 bananes, une écrasée et l’autre coupée en rondelles
• Lait d’amande
• 2cc de pollen
1. Mettre le millet dans une petite casserole avec 1cs de baies de goji et la banane écrasée. Couvrir de lait d’amande. Faire chauffer à feu doux jusqu’à ce que le mélange commence à frémir. Remuer constamment, jusqu’à ce que le liquide soit évaporé et le mélange soit crémeux. Retirer du feu.
2. Servir dans des bols et parsemer de rondelles de bananes, du reste des baies de goji et du pollen.