I have a crush for apricots: I’m in love with their pretty shape, their hues of oranges and pink and their melt in the mouth taste. As their season is definitely coming to an end, it was time for me to share a way of preparing them which I have really enjoyed this summer. Honey, lavender and apricot are a beautiful marriage which I cannot get enough of. Top it up with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and I am in heaven…
I am thinking of freezing some, so that I can maybe have this recipe again in the cold of winter. If you want to freeze apricots, it’s a piece of cake, really: cut them in half and stone them. Place them on a plate and pop them into the freezer. Once frozen, place them in little ziplock bags.
Honey & Lavender Baked Apricots – serves 2
• 8 apricots, halved and stoned
• 2tbsp runny honey
• 1tsp vanilla extract
• 2tsp edible lavender
• Vanilla ice cream or natural yogurt, to serve
1. Preheat the oven to 170°C.
2. Place the apricots face up in an ovenproof dish. Drizzle with honey and vanilla extract and sprinkle with the lavender flowers.
3. Cook in the oven for 15-20min until the apricots are soft. Serve warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or natural yogurt.
Abricots Rôtis au Miel et à la Lavande – pour 2 personnes
• 8 abricots, coupés en 2 et dénoyautés
• 2cs de miel liquide
• 1cc d’extrait de vanille
• 2cc de lavande comestible
• Glace à la vanille ou fromage blanc
1. Préchauffer le four sur 170°C.
2. Mettre les abricots dans un plat à four. Arroser de miel et d’extrait de vanille et parsemer de lavande.
3. Cuire au four pendant 15-20min jusqu’à ce que les abricots soient moelleux. Servir avec une boule de glace à la vanille ou du fromage blanc.
PS1: sorry that I’ve been away from the blog for a bit – just enjoying the good weather :)