Here is another salad, cold this time, which is definitely one of my very favourite salads. I love the combination of the sweetness of the mango, the softness of the avocado and the creaminess of the mozzarella. And it looks like a pretty sunshine in the plate, exactly what you need in the winter.
I hope you’ve had a good start to the year and maybe decided to undertake a detox or cleanse – there seems to be numerous food blogs giving you advice on the subject at the moment. Last weekend I had a try at Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga which is a powerful form of yoga turning yoga postures into a dynamic flow. It was hard and hot! The teacher explained that the building up of heat and sweat is a very powerful detox, helping the body eliminate impurities...something to think about adopting if you’re doing a body cleanse...
Note on the avocado, mango, mozza salad: this is the simple way I usually prepare it, but a few adds-on would also go very well with it such as alfalfa sprouts, walnuts or fresh mint.
Oh, and by the way, I cut my hand while opening the bottle of balsamic vinegar...a little reminder to always be mindful in the kitchen while using tools and the likes!
Avocado, Mango and Mozzarella Salad – serves 2
• 1 avocado, stoned, peeled and cut into slices
• 1 mango, stoned, peeled and cut into slices
• 1 ball of mozzarella, cut into slices
• Ground pink peppercorn
• 1tbsp white balsamic vinegar
• 1tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1. Arrange the avocado, mango and mozzarella slices on a plate.
2. In a bowl, mix the seasoning ingredients. Drizzle over the salad and serve straightaway.
Salade d’Avocat, Mangue et Mozzarella – pour 2 personnes
• 1 avocat, dénoyauté, pelé et coupé en tranches
• 1 mangue, dénoyautée, pelée et coupée en tranches
• 1 boule de mozzarella, coupée en tranches
• Poivre rose
• 1cs de vinaigre balsamique blanc
• 1cs d’huile d’olive extra-vierge
1. Arranger les tranches d’avocat, de mangue et de mozzarella dans une assiette.
2. Dans un bol, mélanger les ingrédients pour la sauce. Répartir sur la salade et servir de suite.