I am glad November is out of the way. To me, it has always been probably the dullest month of the year. I don’t know if it’s related to the fact that nothing very exciting is happening or the hours of daylight being incredibly shorter – this left me with low energy levels and a gloomy mood.
In the kitchen however, I have carried on experimenting (my latest experimentation was sprouting seeds and it worked wonderfully well) and this at least has kept me going. Before I share with you some ideas for the festive season, I wanted to give you a crackers recipe which we REALLY liked. I came up with the recipe last weekend, did it, and in no time they were gone – they were that good. We had them with nut pulp hummus (made with leftover pulp from nut milk) and some of my pretty alfalfa sprouts which were finally ready to eat. I wanted to call the recipe ‘green crackers’, because they looked green before I cooked them, but once cooked they had lost their green colour so I decided to leave the green crackers idea behind. Have a lovely weekend!
Pistachio & Seeds Crackers – makes about 10-15 crackers
• 70g cashew nuts
• 40g pistachio
• 2tbsp linseeds
• 2tbsp hemp seeds
• 55g wholemeal rice flour
• 1tsp salt
• 1 egg, beaten
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
2. Blend the cashew nuts, pistachio, linseeds, hemps seeds and salt until finely ground.
3. In a bowl, mix with the flour and the egg.
4. With a rolling pin, spread the mixture on a lightly floured surface to make a rectangle.
5. Place on a baking sheet covered with baking paper. Pre-cut the crackers in rectangles.
6. Cook in the oven for 15min. Leave to cool down before eating.
Crackers aux Pistaches et Graines – pour environ 10 à 15 crackers
• 70g de noix de cajou
• 40g de pistaches
• 2cs de graines de lin
• 2cs de graines de chanvre
• 55g de farine de riz complète
• 1cc de sel
• 1 œuf, battu
1. Préchauffer le four à 180°C.
2. Mixer les noix de cajou avec les pistaches, les graines de lin et de chanvre et le sel jusqu’à obtenir une poudre.
3. Mélanger dans un bol avec la farine et l’œuf.
4. A l’aide d’un rouleau à pâtisserie, étaler la préparation en forme de rectangle sur un plan de travail légèrement fariné.
5. Transférer sur une plaque à four recouverte de papier cuisson. Prédécouper les crackers en forme de rectangles.
6. Faire cuire pendant 15min. Laisser refroidir avant de déguster.