I had some friends telling me ‘Blandine, you’re so healthy’. Lately, I’ve been thinking about it, a lot. I’ve stumbled upon some very inspiring blogs like this one or that one, which I truly love. Reading them has made me question my food and lifestyle habits and realize that maybe I was not that healthy. It has been a real eye-opening.
Every new season brings changes. With autumn having started now, I thought that it might be the right time to think about the way I live and feed myself and introduce some changes, one at a time. I’m not intending on becoming a health freak, but I am keen on trying things that can be good for my body and for the planet. I have just started a 2-year Yoga Teacher Training, which is very exciting, and this just feels like the right moment for a new healthy me. What do you think of starting with a chickpea salad?
Chickpea Salad – serves 4
• 2 cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed
• 2 tomatoes, seeded and very finely chopped
• 2 spring onions, finely chopped
• A bunch of fresh parsley, finely chopped
• ½ tsp ground cumin
• Juice of ½ lemon
• 2 tbsp olive oil
• Salt, pepper
1. Prepare the seasoning in a salad bowl by mixing salt, pepper, cumin, lemon juice and olive oil.
2. Add the other ingredients. Mix well. Serve straight away or keep in the fridge and serve later.
Salade de Pois Chiches – pour 4 personnes
• 2 boites de pois chiches, égouttés et rincés
• 2 tomates, épépinées et coupées en petits cubes
• 2 oignons nouveaux, finement émincés
• Une poignée de persil, finement émincé
• ½ cc de cumin en poudre
• Le jus d’1/2 citron
• 2cs d’huile d’olive
• Sel et poivre
1. Préparer l’assaisonnement : mélanger le sel, poivre, jus de citron et huile d’olive dans un saladier.
2. Ajouter les autres ingrédients. Bien mélanger. Servir de suite ou garder au frais en attendant.