Here is our latest favourite snack. It is easy and quick to prepare and a lot better than similar blends you would buy from the shop. Luke even told me ‘you’ve outdone yourself!’ – thank you sweetheart. We love them so much that I made a batch two weeks in a row. They come appropriately as a little nibble to have while sipping a drink, enjoying the long summer evenings. By the way, I have noticed how the days have become a lot shorter recently...
This week was ‘Big Screen in the Park’, an outdoor cinema in a park right next door to where we live. We took a couple of blankets and went to see E.T. – I had forgotten how good it was! We had brought hot chocolate with us – and these nuts would have also been perfect to eat while watching a film under the stars (but we had already finished them all).
Have a good weekend!
Lime and Coriander Macadamia and Cashew Nuts – makes 200g
• 100g macadamia nuts
• 100g cashew nuts
• Juice of ½ lime
• Zest of 1 lime, finely chopped
• 2tsp ground coriander
• 1tsp salt
• 1tsp brown sugar
• 1tbsp olive oil
1. Preheat the oven to 160°C.
2. Place the nuts, spice, lime juice and zest, salt, sugar and olive oil in a bowl and mix well. Transfer to a baking tray.
3. Put in the oven for 10-15 until lightly coloured. Allow to cool before transferring into an airtight container.
Noix de Macadamia et Noix de Cajou au Citron Vert et à la Coriandre – pour 200g
• 100g de noix de macadamia
• 100g de noix de cajou
• Jus d’1/2 citron vert
• Zeste d’1 citron vert, finement haché
• 2cs de coriandre moulue
• 1cc de sel
• 1cc de cassonade
• 1cs d’huile d’olive
1. Préchauffer le four à 160°C.
2. Mettre les noix, la coriandre, le jus et zeste de citron vert, le sel, le sucre et l’huile d’olive dans un bol et mélanger le tout. Transférer sur une plaque à four.
3. Mettre au four pendant 10-15min, jusqu’à ce que les noix soient légèrement dorées. Faire refroidir avant de transférer dans un récipient hermétique.