In our mostly vegetarian diet, we occasionally go for a few non veggie products –local and organic as much as possible. We bought responsibly sourced prawns the other day and put together the following beautiful pasta dish. We love pasta (even more after having been to Italy!) and I realised that I had still never published a pasta recipe on my blog. I was quite surprised as pasta is on the menu almost every week! We almost never buy readymade sauces, but usually prepare the sauce or accompaniment ourselves and always do something different.
Today, I went down by the sea in the town where Luke works, and went to a GREAT little food store. I knew it was there but never had had the opportunity to go in as it was always closed (too late in the day) when I had walked past it. For a while now, I had been looking for a health food shop where I could find ingredients that are not usually sold in ordinary supermarkets. When I went into this shop, I wanted to buy everything!...but had to control myself and left only with rye flour and coconut oil. The good thing is that the shop is right under Luke’s office, so now that I know what they have in store, I will be able to give a shopping list to Luke for him to bring back home all sorts of lovely ingredients. I hope you have a good weekend! Cherry Tomatoes, Prawns and Herb Butter Linguine – serves 2
• 2 handfuls cherry tomatoes
• ½ red chili, sliced
• 1 lime, cut in half
• A handful rocket
• A few shavings of Parmesan
• 200g linguine
• 150g prawns, shelved
• A handful of parsley and basil, chopped
• Olive oil
• Sea salt and black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C. Put the cherry tomatoes in a small oven dish. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place in the oven for 10-15min until they crack open and release their juices.
2. Cook the pasta according to the packet instructions.
3. In a small saucepan, melt a knob of butter, add the prawns and fry for 2 min.
4. In another pan, melt 20g butter with the herbs.
5. Drain the pasta and put them back in their pan. Add the prawns, cherry tomatoes, rocket, chili and herb butter and mix well. Season with salt and pepper. Serve into bowls with a lime half, and sprinkle with shavings of Parmesan.
Linguine aux Tomates Cerises, Crevettes et Beurre aux Herbes – pour 2 personnes
• 2 poignées de tomates cerise
• ½ piment rouge, coupé en lamelles
• 1 citron vert, coupé en 2
• Une poignée de roquette
• Quelques copeaux de parmesan
• 200g de linguine
• 150g de crevettes, pelées
• Une poignée de persil et de basilic, hachés
• Huile d’olive
• Sel et poivre
1. Préchauffer le four à 180°C. Mettre les tomates cerise dans un petit plat à four. Arroser d’huile d’olive et assaisonner de sel et de poivre. Mettre au four pour 10-15min jusqu’à ce que les tomates soient fendues et rende du jus.
2. Faire cuire les pâtes en suivant les indications sur l’emballage.
3. Faire fondre une noix de beurre dans une casserole et y faire revenir les crevettes pendant 2min.
4. Faire fondre 20g de beurre dans une petite casserole avec les herbes.
5. Egoutter les pâtes et les remettre dans leur casserole. Ajouter les crevettes, les tomates, la roquette, le piment et le beurre aux herbes et bien mélanger. Assaisonner de sel et de poivre. Servir dans des bols avec un demi-citron vert et parsemer de copeaux de parmesan.