Where is summer? We have been wondering lately...
Last week was awful. Rain, grey clouds and low temperatures. I was walking home the other day with my jacket zipped up and I started thinking that this was not right! Not at the end of July...
We had to cancel our picnic on the beach. I was feeling frustrated: the weather forecast had predicted bright sunshine, and it turned out to be a dull day. So I reminded myself that the weather is something very hard to predict and that there was no point getting annoyed as it cannot be changed. In the end, we watched the movie Julie and Julia instead. I loved it! If you are a blog writer, this is definitely one to see!
This week was a bit better. Even if still mostly grey, temperatures have significantly risen. I’ve been wearing shorts or skirts everyday and I made lollies. This definitely makes you feel like it is summer. They are so refreshing, and if you have kids who are not keen on eating fruits, this is a perfect way to make them eat some. We’ve already finished them all: this is how good they are!
On another note, I wanted to let you know that I have been uploading some of my pictures on Flickr for a while. If you would like to have a look, please click here or click on the link on the right hand-side.
Watermelon & Strawberry Lollies – makes 6
• 200g watermelon, peeled, deseeded and cut into chunks
• 175g strawberries, hulled
• 35g icing sugar
1. Put all the ingredients in a blender, and blend until smooth.
2. Pour into 6 lolly moulds. Place in the freezer overnight. The lollies are ready!
Sucettes Glacées à la Pastèque et aux Fraises – pour 6 sucettes
• 200g de pastèque, pelée, épépinée et coupée en morceaux
• 175g de fraises, équeutées
• 35g de sucre glace
1. Mettre tous les ingrédients dans le bol d’un mixeur et mixer jusqu’à l’obtention d’une consistance lisse.
2. Verser dans 6 moules à sucettes. Mettre au congélateur pour la nuit. Les sucettes sont prêtes !