It all started with that yogurt cake. As far as I can remember, this was what got me into cooking. My first experiences in the kitchen. When I was little, I had that book I loved reading, and at the end of it, they gave the recipe for this yogurt cake. I made it tons of times, for birthday parties or simply when my brothers and I fancied eating a cake. I liked adding small variations to the original recipe, like chocolate chunks or apples. It was so easy to make as a child because you use a yogurt pot to measure all the ingredients.
This time, I decided to use olive oil instead of sunflower oil and it gave the cake a lovely flavour. Here, trees are still covered with apples, and when you live in a county like Devon, this is a fruit you find plenty of.
Apple, Yogurt and Olive Oil Cake – serves 8
• 1 yogurt pot (125g)
• 2 eggs
• ½ yogurt pot of olive oil
• 3 yogurt pots of flour
• 2 yogurt pots of sugar
• 2tsp baking powder
• 2 cooking apples, chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
2. Pour the yogurt into a bowl. Add the flour and sugar and mix well. Add the eggs and mix well.
3. Add the baking powder and olive oil and mix until you get a smooth batter. Finally add the apple chunks.
4. Pour into a round cake dish and pop in the oven for 40-45min until cooked through and golden.
Gâteau au Yaourt, Pomme et Huile d’Olive – pour 8 personnes
• 1 pot de yaourt (125g)
• 2 œufs
• ½ pot de yaourt d’huile d’olive
• 3 pots de yaourt de farine
• 2 pots de yaourt de sucre
• 2cc de levure
• 2 pommes à cuire, coupées en morceaux
1. Préchauffer le four à 180°C.
2. Verser le yaourt dans un bol. Ajouter la farine et le sucre et mélanger. Ajouter les œufs et bien mélanger.
3. Ajouter la levure et l’huile d’olive et mélanger jusqu’à l’obtention d’une consistance lisse. Enfin, ajouter les morceaux de pomme.
4. Verser dans un moule rond et mettre au four pendant 40-45min, jusqu’à ce que le gâteau soit cuit au centre et bien doré.